Bridge Foundation is a nonprofit humanitarian aid and development organization which promotes and supports the improvement of human health and nutrition worldwide by:
- Providing humanitarian assistance directly to people in need, irrespective of race, religion, ethnicity, or political position;
- Providing immediate humanitarian response within the public health sector supporting indigenous medical practitioners with material and equipment assistance, training and education;
- Utilizing resources from the developed world and creating successful partnerships with community-based healthcare providers in developing countries.
Who We Are
The Bridge Foundation is a non-profit, humanitarian Non Governmental Organization (NGO) which was founded immediately after 9/11 by Stephen Skakel and the late Andrew Hannah. The co-founders brought with them more than 40 years experience as executives at one of America's largest NGO's where they increased revenues from $90 million annually to more than $460 million in six short years.
In creating Bridge Foundation, the founders saw the need to create a more streamlined organization; one that could navigate through the global bureaucracies, and deliver support and assistance to the most needy – quickly and without bureaucratic delays.
Bridge Foundation is founded on the firm belief that serving the needs of our donors, partners, and program recipients is paramount. We utilizes our considerable experience in the international, governmental and private sectors to develop programs that best meet the objectives of the donor, while generating substantial benefit to our global partner organizations, including indigenous healthcare providers, and ultimately, to women, children and elderly who directly benefit from its programs and materials.
Programs implemented by Bridge Foundation create lasting goodwill. Bridge Foundation develops programs that are closely monitored to ensure positive outcomes. Bridge Foundations' highly selective approach is designed with one objective in mind – - to provide maximum benefit to donor and recipient alike.
Bridge Foundation is not interested in self promotion, unlike many other organizations. Our collaborative missions seek to focus the spotlight on our donors and global partners in the countries where we operate.
We strive to be the best — not the biggest. We demand accountability, transparency, and results. Bridge Foundation measures results in a very simple manner...the benefit provided to our recipient partners through the commitment of our sponsors and donors.
- Bridge Foundation is an IRS registered 501(C) (s)tax tax-exempt organization.
- Bridge Foundation is a licensed drug wholesaler with the State of Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection. (Application in process)
- Bridge Foundation is a licensed DEA Exporter registered to handle Schedule II-V non-narcotic controlled substances. (Application in process)
- Bridge Foundation abides by all Food and Drug Administration (FDA) guidelines
- Bridge Foundation abides by the WHO (World Health Organization) "Guidelines for Drug Donations."
- Bridge Foundation abides by Pharmaceutical Drug Marketing Act (PDMA) standards.
- Bridge Foundation operates in compliance with EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Heath Administration) guidelines.
- Bridge Foundation is associated with the Department of Public Information of the United Nations.